Harmonised EDI Messages
In 2001, GS1 Ireland launched the Harmonised EDI Guideline or HEDI. Based on the D.96A Directory, the guide details the messaging requirements for each of the main hubs (retailers and wholesales), who are using EDI in Ireland.
In September 2004 GS1, in conjunction with members of the eCommerce Committee, released an expanded version of the Harmonised EDI Guideline which now includes 11 messages, namely:
- Price Catalogue Message & Response PRICAT
- Purchase Order Message & Response ORDERS & ORDRSP
- Despatch Advice Message DESADV
- Invoice Message INVOIC
- Tax Control Message TAXCON
- Commercial Account Summary Message (Statement) COACSU
- Application Acknowledgement Message APERAK
- General Message GENRAL
The H-EDI Guide is available to Members for download. All enquires about EDI use in Ireland can be directed to the GS1 Helpdesk on 01 208 0660.