Speaker: Mr Shingo Kasamatsu, Technical Officer of Faculty of Medical Science, University of Fukui, Japan
Title: An integrated sterilization management system for traceability and patient safety, using GS1 standards at Fukui Hospital
During this webinar mr Shingo Kasamatsu, Technical Officer of Faculty of Medical Science, University of Fukui, Japan will share details on using global identifiers in the hospital. He will explain:
1. How the error rate with surgical instruments reduced;
2. Why Fukui hospital choose to use GS1 standards;
3. How the hospital successfully achieved the traceability of surgical instruments in its surgical centre’s sterilisation process;
4. Other benefits gained from this implementation;
5. Challenges met during the implementation process.