Starting a Food Business - Your Roadmap to Success 2022 - an Event by Dublin Food ChainOct 10, 2022,
by Dublin Food Chain - Category: Events
Dublin Food Chain are hosting this unique event for those interested in starting a food business, or anyone within the first 24 months of having started out already.
Learn from guest speakers James Burke, Ireland’s leading advisor in the food sector, Margaret Hoctor of Killmullen Farm, Craig Grattan, Sweet Potato Pizza and Carmel Biggane from SuperValu Food Academy. Each presenter will draw on their wealth of experience and share knowledge with those attending.
There will also be an opportunity for questions, and group mentoring with the speakers after the presentations.
Whether you are just thinking about a food idea, or already selling at a local farmers market or to a local shop/café, this event is for you.
Event Date: 10:00am, 25th October 2022
Ticket Price: €10
- 09.45 – 10.00 Zoom log in opens
- 10:00 – 10:05 Opening and Welcome by Cathy McPadden, LEO Dublin City
- 10:05 – 10:25 James Burke, JB&A - “The Food Start Up Roadmap to Success”. James will provide an overview of the supports which are available for early-stage food producers and food entrepreneurs
- 10:25 – 10:50 Margaret Hoctor, Kilmullen Farm - Facing redundancy from the corporate world, Margaret used the assets of her farm to create a successful enterprise. She is a leading expert on farmers markets and will have lots of tips on how to achieve success. http://kilmullenlambdirect.com/
- 10:50 – 11.15 Craig Grattan, Sweet Potato Pizza – Craig Grattan started his food business out of a passion for great healthy food, having seen a gap in the market. Craig will share his story and tips about how he has succeeded in the food sector, from start up to becoming a successful brand. https://www.sweetpotatopizza.ie/
- 11.15 – 11.40 Caramel Biggane, SuperValu Food Academy – “Supports for Producers”. Supervalu has collaborated with Bord Bia and the Local Enterprise Office to bring you the Food Academy programme. As well as structured workshops and mentoring, hear from Carmel how the programme provides a trial for suitable candidates in their local Supervalu stores. https://supervalu.ie/real-people/food-academy-programme
- 11:40 – 12.00 Q&A and Group Mentoring (Each speaker will take a group of participants into an online breakout room for a brief discussion (random selection applies).
Click here to book – €10 booking feeTags: Events, Dublin Food Chain, Food News