GS1 General Specifications
The GS1 General Specifications is the core standards document describing how barcodes and the GS1 identification keys should be used to comply with GS1 standards.
The document consists of 8 sections:
- Basics and Principles of the GS1 System
- Application Identification for Trade Items, Logistics Units, Assets, Locations, Service Relationships and Special Applications.
- Application Identifier Definitions
- Application Rules for Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN), Logistics Units (SSCC), Global Location Numbers (GLN), Global Individual Asset Identifiers (GIAI), Global Returnable Asset Identifiers (GRAI), Global Service Relation Numbers (GSRN) and Global Document Type Identifiers (GDTI)
- Data Carriers
- Symbol Placement Guidelines
- System Processing in EDP Applications
Download the GS1 General Specifications (Login required)
The GS1 General Specifications are free to download for all paid-up Members of GS1 Ireland. Please login to the Members Area to access a copy. If you need assistance with your account, username or password settings please contact the GS1 Helpdesk on 01 2080660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.