GS1 Ireland firmly believes in fostering collaborative and knowledge sharing relationships with universities across the country. GS1 knows that when the theoretical foundations provided by universities and colleges, are combined with practical implementation expertise, robust and lasting relationships are built for the benefit for all companies that are engaged with supply and demand chains. GS1 Ireland recognises that to be the leaders in supply chain standards in the future, engagement with the students of today is imperative.
GS1 Ireland has and continues to help academia to develop curriculum to ensure graduates have the knowledge, skills and competencies they need to be successful in industry. We are committed to developing long lasting relationship with universities and colleges across the country and are always looking for new opportunities to collaborate and our proud to provide our expertise to those who want to develop their students competencies in eCommerce, Barcoding and Supply Chain Management generally.
Engagement with 3rd level institutions can happen in a number of ways:
- Curriculum Design and Development
- GS1 Courses can become part of the overall 3rd level certification process (online or classroom)
- GS1 can share supply chain documentation for courses
- GS1 can train the teachers passing on information about GS1 Standards
- Research opportunities for students who want to examine implementations are available
- Guest Lecturing
- Developing Joint Research Programmes – university laboratories can provide and ideal environment for accurate testing of GS1 Standards in operation.
If you work for an academic organisation, or are a student whom is interested in collaborating in any of the above, please do not hesitate to call our Helpdesk on 01 2080660.