Standards and Solutions Course
A Learning Zone course for solution implementers and innovators.
The Standards and Solutions Course introduces the learner to the wide range of supply chain and data management solutions made possible through the application of GS1 standards.
In completing this course you will explore the full array of standards-based solutions including the GS1 Global Traceability Standard (GTS), innovative digital applications enabled by GS1 SmartSearch and will become familiar with data synchronisation via the Global Data Synchronisation Network (GDSN).
Who is this course for?
This course is specifically for advanced users of GS1 standards and experienced solution implementers. It is advised that the learner successfully completes the introductory courses on GS1, which covers item identification, data capture methodologies and data sharing processes, prior to commencing this course.
The modules in this course include:
- An Introduction to Traceability: a high-level introduction to traceability and how GS1 standards can help, particularly in the area of meeting legal regulations and requirements.
- Global Standards Management Process (GSMP): this module explains the entrance criteria and functioning of the global standards management process.
- Barcode Verification: learn about the numerous tests and checks that are conducted to analyse and grade the print quality of a barcode image, to ensure it scans first time, every time.
- GS1 SmartSearch: this module outlines the benefits and technical features of GS1 SmartSearch, a standard that enables businesses to increase sales through the use of product web pages with structured data.
- Data Synchronisation: to enable efficient trading practices product data needs to be accurate and shared in a streamlined manner. This module explains the structure and choreography of global data synchronisation.
Download the course leaflet