The GS1 Logistics Label Tool with SSCC generation
Create standardised transport labels for pallets and logistics units
What is the GS1 Logistics Label Tool?
The Logistics Label Tool is a simple and easy to use online tool for businesses that need to create logistics labels for traded and transport units (pallets) with a Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) and a GS1-128 barcode.
The GS1 Logistics Label Tool has been developed specifically for small and medium businesses to quickly and easily create logistic labels for pallets.
The tool is accessible via this website and no additional software or systems are required. Once generated your labels can be printed on a standard office printer.
Benefits of using the GS1 Logistics Label Tool
The Logistics Label Tool offers you the option to generate GS1-compliant labels without the need to install any special software on your production line.
With the Logistics Label Tool you can create one-off labels as and when you require them, with the product information required by your trading partners. This information typically includes the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) for the item and a range of additional information including product weight, best before & other dates, serial or batch numbers or the number of items being shipped.
A unique Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) is generated for each unit or shipment as required.
Create accurate labels quickly and efficiently. The GS1 Logistics Label Tool allows you to create your own PDF format labels without having to buy additional software or hardware.
- Identify products as they move through the supply chain - creating labels with barcodes to identify your products will save you and your trading partners time and money.
- Access this tool anywhere and anytime - as this tool does not depend on internal or third party software, and is accessed through a browser, it simply requires internet access to be used from any location.
- Print labels on a standard office printer - labels can be printed on your standard home or office printer.
- Keep a record of all your GS1 Logistics Labels – the tool automatically archives all of the labels created for future reference, or reprinting if necessary.
- Label customisation – it is also possible to insert your logo on transport labels.
Download the GS1 Logistics Label Leaflet
Key features of the GS1 Logistics Label
The GS1 Logistics Label Tool offers the following features for creating a Logistics Label:
- a choice of options to create a label for either a standardised, variable weight or mixed item traded unit
- inclusion of the item's GTIN using AI(01) or the GTIN of the item contained using AI(02) and AI(37)
- additional data including Net Weight for variable trade items using AI(3102)
- inclusion of a company logo on the logistic label
- incremental automatic allocation of SSCCs
- archive of all labels generated
New User Account
To use the Logistics Label Tool please contact Membership Services and a user account will be set up for you.
There is an annual licence fee of €48 plus VAT to use the tool. You can apply and pay online via the Dashboard in the Members Area.
Read more about setting up an account.
If you are an existing user please login to access your account.
Login to the Logistics Label Tool