How much does a barcode cost?
Getting a barcode is straightforward and the entire process is completed via the online application form on our website.
Initially there are two fees involved:
- A once-off registration fee
- An annual licence fee for your barcode prefix.
The registration fee depends upon the size of your company (based on turnover). The rates (ex. VAT) are:
- €99 - Very small companies and new start-ups with an annual estimated turnover from 0 to €1 million
- €200 - Small to medium organisations with an annual turnover between €1 million and €5 million
- €415 - Any enterprise with a turnover in excess of €5 million
Each of the GS1 company prefixes, from which barcodes are allocated, are priced on a scale in line with a range of turnover bands. The prices for micro organisations with a turnover under €1 million are as follows:
- GCP 11 = an 11 digit prefix = 10 product/outer case numbers = €100 per year
- GCP 9 = a 9 digit prefix = 1000 product/outer case barcode numbers = €284 per year
View the full list of barcode licence fees for companies of all sizes.
If your product range extends beyond 5 products we recommend that you licence the standard GCP 9. The GCP 9 will cost €284.00 + VAT per year and has the capacity to generate up to 1000 unique numbers. This is more cost effective than 3 x GTIN 10’s which will cost €300.00 + VAT per year and only facilitates the generation of 30 numbers.
Terms and Conditions
All fees are quoted net of VAT at 23% and are correct as of December 2015.
*GS1 licence fees are for a calendar year from Jan – Dec. All licence fees are renewed January each year regardless of the original join date. Please read the full GS1 Membership Terms & Conditions before completing the application form.