Ensuring compliance in the Life Sciences Supply Chain
Oct 9, 2019,
by Amanda Creane - Category:
Irish Exporters Association brings key stakeholders to Cork
On 3rd October 2019, the IEA held an information seminar for key Life Sciences manufacturers at McAfee Ireland, Mahon, Cork. The event had speakers from the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) and GS1 Ireland who addressed manufacturers questions on patient safety in the supply chain and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Siobhain Duggan, Director of Innovation and Life Sciences at GS1 Ireland, was a keynote speaker, presenting "Regulatory compliance using standards"
Download Event Slides
Commenting on the event, Simon McKeever, Chief Executive of the Irish Exporters Association, said: “We are delighted to hold this morning’s information seminar for Life Sciences manufacturers here in Cork. With some of the world’s largest and most important Life Sciences manufacturing companies based in the Munster area, it was important for us to bring this seminar here this morning.
According to CSO figures, Ireland-based Life Sciences companies exported over €66 million worth of goods, making them the Ireland’s most valuable export category. In light of the uncertainty in the global trading environment, this calls on all partners involved to protect, streamline and ensure regulatory compliance throughout the entire supply chain.
We are delighted to welcome this morning’s speakers for an interesting discussion on ensuring full compliance throughout the entire Life Sciences supply chain.”
Source: Irish Exporters Association
Tags: Life Sciences, traceability, serialisation
- Anita Nolan, HPD Inspector, Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA)
- Siobhain Duggan, Director of Innovation and Healthcare, GS1 Ireland
- Eric Furey, Principal Consultant, People in Pharma Furey Associates
- David Sadlier, Director Customer Solutions, Rhenus Logistics Ireland
- Donal Kelly, European Patent Attorney, FRKelly
- Eamonn O’Mathuna, Manufacturing Systems Consultant, Enterprise System Partners (ESP)