Role code: 2021003
We deal with companies across a diverse range of traditional industries such as consumer goods, food and beverage, pharma and medical devices, as well as new and strategically important sectors including construction and online marketplaces. Such is the current demand for digital transformation and the delivery of GS1 standards-based solutions, in particular in the areas of healthcare and food traceability, that we are now recruiting a VB.NET Developer to support our activities.
Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for a broad range of key activities including:
- Programming, debugging, and documenting complex software applications
- Developing and implementing web-based solutions
- Work with manager and teammates to build accurate estimates for assigned business support and project support development tasks, delivering reliable, reusable and supportable software on time and on-budget
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the application supported, with deep understanding of integration with the technical infrastructure
- Performing other duties as assigned
This role requires, ideally, a background in Food Production, Manufacturing and/or Healthcare.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate their experience in a similar role and be an active team player in efforts to increase the use of GS1 standards (identifiers, barcodes, RFID & related solutions and services) across the supply chain.
You should also have the following technical skills:
- Experience with VB .Net for windows desktop (GS1 use Visual Studio 2019)
- Experience with ASP and/or Xamarin for multi-platform mobile development
- Experience with SQL Server
- Some experience with building and utilising API’s would be ideal
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in a relevant IT discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
How to apply
Please apply by email with both a current CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Application should be sent for the attention of Karen Murphy, GS1 Ireland, email@example.com with the job reference "2021003 Developer" marked in the subject field.
All applications will be treated promptly and with strict confidentiality.
Download job specification.