GS1 Barcode Training Courses
Barcode training is a great way to build your barcoding knowledge and to give you confidence in using barcodes in your business. Our training courses cater for beginners, intermediate and advanced barcode users, and cover a range of topics, from basic retail barcodes to logistics labels, including SSCCs and GS1 128s, as well as specialised courses for pharma and medical devices companies addressing requirements for UDI and FMD compliance.
Barcoding made easy
Our upcoming Level 1 barcode training online course starts with the basics of barcoding products for retail scanning at point of sale. Once you have the basics mastered, you can complete the Level 2 Intermediate Barcoding course which covers barcodes for product cases and logistical units, including SSCCs.
No previous knowledge of barcoding is required for the Level 1 course. The course is also suitable as a refresher for anyone who wants to improve their current barcoding skills. Completion of these GS1 courses will give you the confidence & tools to deal with barcoding in your business, from retail barcodes to SSCCs.
Book your place on the course now
Click here to book your place on the next course, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements..
Where is the training held?
Training is held online via Zoom and can also be delivered in-person on request.
How much does barcode training cost?
Each course bundle (Level 1 and Level 2) costs €149 per person attending.
How long does the barcode training course take?
The course takes place over one half day, from 10.00am to 12:30pm or 14:00 to 16.30. Details are on the Calendar for each individual session.
When is the next barcode training course?
Our barcode training courses are held throughout the year. To register, click the date that best suits you.
What will you learn on the courses?
- Allocating barcodes - Understand how to allocate barcodes to your products
- Understand barcode symbols - Learn about the different kinds of barcode symbols that can be used, including EAN / UPC, ITF 14, and GS1 128 symbols.
- Barcoding Logistical Units - Find out how to barcode logistical units, such as pallets.
- Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) - Learn about SSCCs, including how to generate them.
- Barcode Quality - Find out common tips and pitfalls to make sure your barcodes will scan first time. This also includes an introduction to having a barcode checked to see if it will scan through a process called verification.
- Supply Chain Efficiencies - Understand how the GS1 System can lower costs and increase efficiency in your business.
- Barcode Manager Software - Learn how to allocate and manage your barcode numbers using GS1 Ireland's free Barcode Manager tool.
- Logistics Label Tool - Get an introduction to GS1 Ireland's Logistics Label Tool, which is a free tool for managing and creating standardised transport labels for pallets and logistics units.
Book your course now
- Our barcode training courses are held throughout the year. To register, click the date that best suits you.
On-site Barcode Training to suit your needs
If you have specific barcode training needs, such as barcoding for healthcare or in-house training for staff, we can arrange an on-site, or online private training course to suit your needs. Please contact our training department for further information.